Since I really didn't want to spend $3,500 for a similar sized Entertainment Center, and because you can never find exactly what you need to fit both your available space and your TV or electronic components, I decided to take it upon myself and put my absolutely ZERO knowledge of wood-working to the test!
I decided to build this thing out of mostly MDF... mostly because of its completely uniform finish that will look great painted, and of course... inexpensive. I started with two 6-foot long base units, thinking I would put a 4-foot high bookshelf on each side. I picked up 3 4X8 sheets of MDF from Lowes and got to it...
I decided to build this thing out of mostly MDF... mostly because of its completely uniform finish that will look great painted, and of course... inexpensive. I started with two 6-foot long base units, thinking I would put a 4-foot high bookshelf on each side. I picked up 3 4X8 sheets of MDF from Lowes and got to it...
I decided to use the same baseboard trim that we had in the room upstairs, which is also the same trim I usedin the room for chair-rail...
I missed out on a lot of pictures, mostly of the whole priming, spackeling (covering gaps and nail holes), and painting process. The entire unit is 6 separate pieces... all were assembled and painted in the garage and then brought upstairs. I added some crown-molding to the top for a finished look and then left the rest to Cathy to dec-out! I was very happy with the results. Total cost of all supplies was about $380...
No comments:
Post a Comment